How to claim property after husband's death?

My father passed away three months ago. The house that my mother, brother and I live in is in the shared names of my father and his brother. My mother is the nominee along with my grandmother. However, my uncle, who co-owns the house with my father, is refusing to transfer the house into my mother's name. Is there any way to change the ownership to my mother's name? My mother is a housewife with no job, and the house is our only asset, while my uncle owns two other houses.

1 Answer
Only verified advocates can give an answer Sign In
Advocate By LEAD INDIA Answered: 27 Jun 2024

Sir, your mother is a legal heir of the said property automatically transferred to her from her husband as per the Hindu Succession act and her right to her husband’s property cannot be revoked by any means. We would suggest you to hire a lawyer who will guide you in the entire process i.e. how to claim her right in property. For further legal assistance contact us on our helpline number.

24x7 Help

If we fall short of your expectation in any way, let us know

Payment Trust

All refunds come with no questions asked guarantee

Talk to Lawyer

Talk Now